Terms and Conditions
- From 01/11/2017, all students attending an AWFA training course must provide a valid USI before their course commencement date. Students who do not comply with this requirement will be deemed ineligible to attend their course.
- Students have until 9:00 pm AEST the day prior to the course to complete this requirement.
- Students who are denied entry for not providing a valid USI before the prescribed time, are eligible to rebook their training to an alternate date. A $22 rebooking fee applies.
Price Match Guarantee
Australia Wide First Aid is committed to providing quality training across Australia. We guarantee not to be beaten on price. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, simply call our customer service team on 1300 336 613 during business hours to arrange a price match.
To claim a price match for any of our courses, you will need to provide details of the advertised offer and book into a similar location and date to that advertised. Please note that we require payment at the time of booking. For clients outside the CBD locations, to receive your certificate on the day of your training, please ensure you have booked and paid at least three (3) days prior to your course. CBD locations can book up to the day prior to the course. We look forward to seeing you at one of our many locations shortly.
When you call us, please have proof of the advertised offer ready. If it is an online offer, please provide the web address so that we can verify the specific offer. If you wish to price match from a flyer or leaflet, please either email a copy to email@example.com, fax to 07 3713 7858 or mail to Unit 7, 20 Archerfield Rd, Darra, QLD 4076. This offer is only valid for courses, which are available to the public. It is essential our team can verify the offer, including course type, date, location and cost at the time of booking. You must claim the price guarantee at the time of your initial booking. Our usual cancellation and refund policies still apply.
Same course: The course must be for the same qualification, either Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) or Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAID001). A course of a different length but providing the same qualification is still eligible. Course must be delivered in the same method as Australia Wide First Aid delivers the course.
Similar date: Weekdays are interchangeable, but a Saturday or Sunday must be matched exactly. The advertised course must be within 3 days of the course you wish to book with Australia Wide First Aid.
Similar Location: Within 10km of an Australia Wide First Aid course location.
Payment for Price Match: In order to receive a Price Match Guarantee, your payment must be made at the time of booking. It must be by credit card over the phone, and payment will not be accepted at our first aid course location.
Same Day Certificate(Statement of attainment): An email copy of your statement of attainment (certificate) is included in your course price.
Electronic Certificates can be issued on the same day provided you meet the following requirements:
- Payment has been received prior to course commencement
- A USI has been provided and verified
- Must be competent in the course
Hard Copy Certificate: A hard copy certificate incurs an additional charge of $9.90 incl GST (includes postage) and requires 7-10 business days to be delivered if student meets the above three requirements.
Booking Cancellations & Refunds
- Students who are denied entry for not providing a valid USI before the course date, are not eligible for a refund.
- A full refund of enrolment fees will be issued if a course is cancelled by Australia Wide First Aid for any reason other than those relating to Force Majeure events.
- Students who cancel their enrolment at least 3 business days prior to the course commencement date are eligible for a refund of the original booking fare less $22 administration fee.
- No refund is available for enrolment cancellations less than 3 business days from the course commencement date or where a course has previously been transferred by the student.
- Students who are unable to attend due to illness or injury are eligible for a refund of the original fare less $22 administration fee. Notification including supporting medical certificate must be received by Australia Wide First Aid on or prior to the course date.
- All request for refunds must be received in writing by Australia Wide First Aid, through completion of the following AWFA refund form and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who are denied entry for not providing a valid USI before the course date, are eligible to rebook their training to an alternate date. A $22 rebooking fee applies.
- Students are eligible to amend an existing booking to an alternate date or transfer to a different course type offered by Australia Wide First Aid. Notification must be received by Australia Wide First Aid at least 1 business day prior to the original course commencement date. A $22 rebooking fee applies where notification is received less than 1 business day, or where more than one rebooking is made, a rebooking fee will apply each time the student requests to move the booking.
Students are required to pay the difference in course fares where applicable and no credit is available where the value of the rebooked course is less than that of the original booking fare.
- All transfer fees are payable prior to the course commencement date.
- All transferred courses must be completed within 60 days of the original course commencement date.
- Australia Wide First Aid does not permit the substitution of another student, once a booking has been confirmed.
Late Attendance / Early Departure
Students who do not attend their course by the prescribed time and are denied entry or depart their course prior to its completion, are not permitted a refund. Students can instead reschedule a previously booked course, which must be completed within 60 days of the original course date. $22 administration fee applies.
Australia Wide First Aid courses require students to be in attendance for 100% of the classroom face to face training, unless other circumstances acceptable to the trainer prevent the student from attending. Attendance for the missed course content will be organised between the student and the administration team in our National Head Office. When the student belongs to a corporate company, then our Trainer will inform our Training Coordinator.
Students must arrive ready for class prior to their stated commencement time no less than 15 minutes. Should you be delayed for any reason you must call and advise the trainer or training coordinator prior to the class commencing on 1300 33 66 13. Please note access may be denied if the trainer determines a late arrival as detrimental to the entire classes learning and progress, and/or the student has not completed a previous First Aid course.
Under 18 Years Parent/Guardian Authorisation Form
It’s a requirement that anyone under 18 years of age is required to provide us with written consent from their parent or guardian in order to partake in any AWFA courses. The minimum age allowed to attend an AWFA course is 14 years of age. Download our Parent/Guardian Authorisation Form here. Please email the completed form to email@example.com
Students with special needs arising from learning difficulties, emotional or behavioural problems, or physical disabilities are to contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your course commencement to ensure we can cater for your special needs, Corporate clients are to advise their Account Manager of any employees with a special need. All special need requests will be treated with the upmost respect and in conjunction with the Australian Privacy Laws.
Ongoing support can be obtained by calling Australia Wide First Aid on 1300 336 613 or by emailing email@example.com. Where necessary, Trainers and/or Assessors can make themselves available to meet with students.
Access And Equity
Australia Wide First Aid does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, colour, sex or religion; all students are treated equally. Our Trainers and employees will assist and support students where appropriate, especially students with language, literacy, or physical disabilities. As long as, the nature of the disability does not restrict the student from completing their training course and meeting the standards required by the Australian and New Zealand committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR).
In addition, Australia Wide First Aid will not, and do not tolerate discriminatory behaviour from students during their interaction with any of our employees; whether in a class or in any other process or communication. Any issues or questions raised regarding access and equity are to be directed to our General Manager.
Language, Literacy And Numeracy
Students will need to show they can follow and recall instructions and information provided by the trainer so they can complete activities that will be assessed. The activities will include demonstrating practical skills competently and recording answers to written and/or multiple-choice questions. These written questions may be asked via multiple-choice, true/false questions and short answer questions given in class.
Candidates with special needs are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to booking so that reasonable adjustments to training and assessment can be contemplated. Where a student has an identified need for assistance with language, literacy or numeracy, Australia Wide First Aid’s trainers and assessors will endeavour to provide this assistance directly.
Students, who undertake pre course learning as part of any first aid course, will need to be computer-literate. Students will need to have access to emails, minimum ADSL Internet connection.
If you have fulfilled all of the requirements of the course and have been deemed as competent, you will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment from Australia Wide First Aid on the day of the course. If you have not receive your Statement of Attainment on the day, please converse with the trainer, or call our National Head Office at Australia Wide First Aid on 1300 336 613 or email email@example.com
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the process of identifying and verifying a person’s past learning experiences. It does not matter whether you have obtained the knowledge and competencies from life or work experiences, from formal training or from a combination of these areas. For example:
– Life experiences
– Formal qualifications
– Work experiences
The objective of RPL is to ensure that an individual’s prior learning achieved through formal and informal training, work experience or other life experiences is appropriately recognised.
By accepting the terms and conditions at the time of enrolment, Australia Wide First Aid deems you have agreed to our Training Agreement, which is between you, the student, and Australia Wide First Aid. Following the acceptance of our terms and conditions, Australia Wide First Aid warrants to complete the training once a student has commenced the first aid course; so long as the student complies with all assessment requirements. Where a student has to delay the completion of the face-to-face component of their course due to medical or personal reasons, Australia Wide First Aid extends this warranty so long as, in the discretion of the Australia Wide First Aid, this is within a reasonable timeframe of their course commencement.
Code of Practice
In accordance with the ethical provision of education and training services across Australia, all representatives of Australia Wide First Aid will ensure:
– all employees conduct themselves at all times with honesty, integrity and responsibility, while acting in the spirit of good faith;
– the health and safety of our employees, student and clients of our training course is paramount;
– all employees do not engage in any practice or conduct which brings the Australia Wide First Aid in to disrepute;
– to not engage in conduct towards anyone which is deemed to be unfair or disrespectful;
– the learning environment is conducive towards the achievement of competency and appropriate to the learning needs of the individual participant;
– all company policies and procedures are of sound management practices, while ensuring all our training courses embrace the industry legislation and regulations;
– fair and equitable dealings with all clients and students; and
– the employ all staff, trainers, co-providers and contractors are industry qualified and respect the cultural needs of the community.
Complaints and Grievances procedure
Australia Wide First Aid aims to address potential issues relating to it’s training services when they arise, so as to avoid further disruption or the need for a formal complaint.
Step 1. If Australia Wide First Aid Course participant/s have a complaint or grievance about any aspect of the training program or service, they are required in the first instance to speak directly with the course facilitator in order to resolve the issue or concern.
Step 2. If the participant/s is not satisfied that their issue or concern has been appropriately addressed or resolved with the facilitator, a written Complaint should be completed by the participant/s outlining the details of the Complaint or grievance. This should then be forwarded to Australia Wide First Aid who shall make every reasonable attempt to consult with the participant/s with the view for a mutually acceptable outcome. (Timeframe: 14 days).
Step 3. If the participant feels their Complaint has not been resolved, the participant/s is required to advise Australia Wide First Aid and the Complaint will be referred to Australia Wide First Aid Complaints and Grievance Panel. The outcome is advised to the participant/s and recorded on Australia Wide First Aid Continuous Improvement Register. (Timeframe: 30 Days).
Fees for each training program are as noted in course advertising materials,and on our first aid course location pages. Course commencement begins as soon as a student enrols with Australia Wide First Aid. Students are given access to our student portal with resources (including readings) and assessments and can begin their work straight away, with full support offered online or by phone immediately.
Corporate Onsite Training
In order to facilitate onsite training, Australia Wide First Aid requires the following information prior to commencement of any onsite training:
What We Need From You
– All Parking and Access details
– Induction timings and requirements for trainers or staff to enter your premises
– Access to power, and a light coloured wall or screen to project onto
– Floor space for practical activities
– Phone and email details of both; everyday contact person, and an emergency onsite person for the day of the training session
– Names of employees attending
– USI numbers for employees attending (This is an Australian Government requirement) Employees should be informed they need to generate their own.)
Onsite Booking Deposits
To secure the negotiated pricing structure, and to lock in a qualified industry trainer, a deposit is required to be paid NO later than 3 business days prior to commencement of the course. Deposits for each first aid course can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
When the course has completed, the deposited amount will be deducted from the final invoice.
For more information, please visit our Our Corporate Terms & Conditions here.
1. Any group onsite booking cancellation made within 48 hours of the course date will incur a fee.
2. If your group numbers fall below the minimum requirement of participants, pricing will default to the group onsite minimum notated in the quotation issued.
3. If a group onsite booking is rescheduled within 24 hours of course commencement; then a fee is applicable as follows:
For Account Customers, all participant certificates, together with your invoice, will be forwarded on completion of your onsite first aid course.
However if you are not an account customer, an invoice will be forwarded to the point of contact provided via email on the completion of your onsite first aid course. All certificates* will be posted to the company when full payment has been received. If you would like to become an account customer, please email our accounts department on email@example.com
* Certificates will not be issued until full payment has been received.
Acts of Nature
In certain circumstances, we understand Forces of Nature, Acts of GOD, and additional operational requirements do happen, and in these cases, Australia Wide First Aid will be happy to negotiate rebooking or cancellation fees. In such situations, clients circumstances will be referred to the General Manager for review.
Competition terms and conditions:
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
The promoter is “Draper Corp Pty Ltd” trading as “Australia Wide First Aid” (AWFA).
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) Australian resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Draper Corp Pty Ltd or any subsidiary of Draper Corp Pty Ltd.
- To enter into a draw, you may be required to book a course, or engage with our social media profiles in the specified way.
- Only one entry per person. Some competitions will give each person the opportunity to accrue multiple chances to win.
- If you want to enter a competition you may enter via the website on the applicable competition page, or you can also send your answer to the questions detailing which competition you wish to enter, together with your name, address and e-mail address by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sending an e-mail is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date is as specified in each competition, and Australia Wide First Aid reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by post, e-mail or phone. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Australia Wide First Aid, Unit 7/ 20 Archerfield Rd, Darra, QLD 4076 after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as “AWFA” may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition will be comprised of members of the management team of “AWFA”.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by “AWFA”.
- AWFA reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. AWFA may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page or social media profile.
- AWFA will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.