"My one year old grandson went limp, turned blue and stopped breathing. I was a mess while my daughter was on the phone to the ambulance. My daughter was screaming while trying to tell me how to give CPR to such a small, lifeless little body. The whole time I was shaking and scared out of my mind. I gave my grandson CPR (30 compressions, 2 breaths) until an ambulance car arrived, then an ambulance. It was the scariest thing I have experienced, but at the same time, it was so rewarding to know I kept this little being alive."
"When my daughter was a baby and starting to eat solids, she started choking on a piece of apple lodged in her throat. The usual back patting was getting us nowhere. I remember my first aid training and put her upside down across my knee and give three firm pats on the back. On the third pat, the apple came up. I have never been so thankful to have first aid skills… they saved my daughters life."
"LIKE" Australia Wide First Aid on Facebook for up-to-date first aid warnings and informational posts.