Grateful for Lifesaving First Aid Training

The family of a man who stopped breathing have more good reasons to celebrate this Christmas after he was revived by Poolwerx Joondalup employee Ian Hughes and paramedics.

Poolwerx Joondalup employee Ian Hughes recently applied what he learned at an Australia Wide First Aid course.

On the 29th of November, Ian was at a client's house checking on needs for their swimming pool when the homeowner collapsed. Alone but for the man’s wife, when Ian realised the man wasn’t breathing, he immediately began performing CPR.

Ian and a number of PoolWerx employees had recently attended an Australia Wide First Aid course in Perth.

When the ambulance arrived, paramedics confirmed the man had suffered a heart attack. His heart had stopped beating. According to tests carried out at the hospital, his heart had only stopped for 40 seconds thanks to Ian’s efforts.

The man was soon able to walk out of the hospital and is now doing very well.

Members of his family are extremely grateful not only for Ian being in the right place at the right time, but also that he was able to provide effective CPR. Christmas could have been very different, if Ian hadn’t been First Aid trained.

Recently published

Logo for Food Allergy Week Food Allergy Week 2022
Girl Allergic Reaction to FoodAnaphylaxis and Food Allergies
Olivia Rodrigo Singing Accidents on the Red Carpet
Doctor or Nurse Wearing Medical Personal Protective EquipmentFirst Aid Training During Lockdown
First Aid Kit With ContentsDIY First Aid Kit
Symptoms of Heat Cramp LeadFirst Aid for Heat Cramp
Helicopter rescue in the bushAustralian Bush needs to be treated with respect
Paralysis Tick bite causing an allergic reactionBest Way to Remove Paralysis Ticks
Group ExerciseAsthma and Exercise
Masks and Social Distancing for Coronavirus and First AidCOVID-19 UPDATE - 4 August