EXPRESS FIRST AID
Previously known as Apply First Aid, Senior First Aid or Level 2 Workplace First Aid
The Provide First Aid course is the minimum requirement for workplace first aid compliance, providing students with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other First Aiders until emergency qualified help arrives at the scene of the incident. This is an express version of the course.
8 hrs of pre-course online reading, plus the successful completion of a multiple choice online assessment and 5 hrs face to face training ( inclusive of a 30 min break)
Group On-Site Booking only
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support and HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid certificate is renewed every three years.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is renewed every 12 months.
To help you maintain your Statement of Attainment, Australia Wide First Aid will send you an email reminder two months and then one month in advance of your renewal date.
Australian College of Nursing
This workshop is endorsed by ACN according to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 7 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia - Continuing Professional Development Standard.
- This course is only available to individuals who hold a current Statement of Attainment for Provide first aid that has been issued within the last 3 years. Upon enrolment, students must provide a copy of their current Statement of Attainment for HLTAID003 Provide first aid. This can be completed during the booking process.
- Students must complete pre-reading and online assessments by 11.59pm AEST the night before the course to be permitted entry to the face to face training.
- Students must have the physical ability to kneel and perform CPR on the floor uninterrupted for at least two minutes.
- Students must be minimum of fourteen years of age.