Provide CPR or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation provides students with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies. Provide CPR is the first component of Provide First Aid, forming part of the first aid training course. This is an express version of the course.
INCLUDES: HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Up to 2.5 hrs pre-reading and online assessment, plus 2 hrs face to face training.
The Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course will provide students with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to provide CPR, managing and accessing an emergency situation, DRSABCD, use of automatic external defibrillator and first aiders legal responsibilities.
All training provided is in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
- This course is only available to individuals who hold a current Statement of Attainment for Provide CPR that has been issued within the last 12 months. Upon enrolment, students must provide a copy of their current Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation. This can be completed during the booking process.
- Students must complete pre-reading and successfully complete E-Learning assessments by 11.59pm AEST the night before their booked course to be permitted entry to the face to face training.
- Students are required to successfully complete a knowledge verification and language, literacy & numeracy questionnaire, prior to commencing face to face training.
- Students must have the physical ability to kneel and perform CPR on the floor uninterrupted for at least two minutes
- Students must be a minimum of fourteen years of age
Safe Work Australia recommends that CPR certification be renewed every 12 months