Child Care First Aid course Melbourne CBD
Child care first aid CPR Training Fast-Tracked
Online First Aid Course + Face-to-Face CPR Training
Same-Day Provide first aid Certificate – Nationally Recognised
Group Provide first aid Training at Your Site
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners – endorsed course
Australian College of Nursing – endorsed course
Registered Training Organisation #31961
Check Provide first aid course availability in Selector above
Find a Cheaper Price, We'll Beat it by 10%
Accredited First Aid Course
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting is relevant to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting.
You will learn the knowledge and skills required to respond to first aid emergencies, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
The course is trained in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guideline and may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training requirements defined by Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
|Course Title:||Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting|
|Mode of Delivery:||e-Learning plus face-to-face classroom training and assessment|
|Duration:||This is a blended course with self-paced online learning (e-Learning) and face-to-face training. Before attending the face to face training, students will need to complete their e-Learning which can be done in one sitting or over several sessions. Depending on the student’s learning ability, they should allow up to 8 hours for reading and e-Learning. Face-to-face training and assessment takes 5 hours in a classroom environment.|
|Assessment:||Written, practical and scenario-based assessment|
|Age Requirement:||Minimum age is 14 Years|
Course Content HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
This course presents the following key skills and knowledge:
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for first aid response
- Assess the situation and seek assistance from emergency response services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Ensure casualty feels safe, secure and supported
- Obtain consent from casualty, caregiver, registered medical practitioners or medical emergency services where possible
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Monitor the casualty’s condition and respond in accordance with first aid
- Accurately convey details of the incident to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to supervisor
- Complete relevant workplace documentation, including incident report form
- Report details of incidents involving babies and children to parents and/or caregivers
- Follow workplace procedures to report serious incidents to the regulatory authority
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self, other rescuers and children
- Talk with children about their emotions and responses to events
- Participate in debriefing with supervisor
Our Melbourne Child Care first aid training centre
Australia Wide First Aid fast-tracks Child Care first aid training in Melbourne.
Find our Melbourne First Aid training centre at 131 Queen Street, in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD.
Child Care First Aid course prices
You won’t find a better price for your Child Care first aid training, thanks to our Best Price Guarantee.
If you find a cheaper Provide first aid course, we’ll beat it by 10%. Guaranteed!
This is icing on the cake considering you get your certificate the same day as your course. And of course, your Australia Wide First Aid certificate will be accepted Australia-wide because we are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31961).
First Aid training is an Essential Service.
For the latest Covid advice, please visit:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria
Same-Day Child Care First Aid certificate
Get your Child care first aid certificate the same day at Australia Wide First Aid Melbourne.
Our fast-tracked process is the result of fine-tuning of our training systems since 1996. We’ve now helped well over a million Australians qualify in first aid.
Learning first aid is enjoyable and effective with our first aid trainers. You can quickly see the kind of appreciation there is for our trainers in our Google reviews.
Endorsed at the Highest Levels
The Australian College of Nursing (ACN) — endorses and includes our CPR training in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for nurses.
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) — also endorses our CPR courses, including them in its recommendations for doctors’ Continuing Professional Development.
Child Care First Aid training compliance
Our CPR and Child Care First Aid training is fully compliant, following guidelines established by the Australian Resuscitation Council, and in accordance with those from the regulators — Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and Australian Vocational Education and Training (VET).
Workplace First Aid Compliance Melbourne
If you’re a business owner in Melbourne, our Group First Aid training is a convenient way to comply with workplace health and safety requirements.
First aid courses — including Child Care first aid and Provide CPR — can be conducted onsite, at your premises, meaning the health and safety concerns specific to your workplace can be directly addressed.
After being trained in their own workplace, your staff receive fully accredited certification.
Whether it’s group first aid training at your site or in classes at one of our training centres, first aid certificates can be emailed to successful students the same day as the course.
Getting Started with your First Aid Training
Book your Melbourne Provide first aid course with just a few clicks. Or phone and let our friendly team make a booking for the best day to suit your schedule.
First Aid Course Tips
- Download your First Aid eBook. Read the pages detailed in your Welcome email.
- Refer to your eBook to answer questions in your e-Learning assignment.
- Submit your finished assignment by 11.59pm the day before of your scheduled face-to-face training.
- CPR assessment requires you to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR while kneeling on the floor. You are welcome to bring a towel or cushion for your knees.
To attend a first aid course with Australia Wide First Aid, students must be at least 14 years of age.
Arrive at 131 Queen Street — between Little Collins Street and Bourke Street. Take the lift to Level 8. Find our First Aid training room to your left.
Our Melbourne CBD training venue is easy to get to via public transport.
BUS, TRAM and TRAIN are all close by.
NOTE: Late arrivals cannot be guaranteed entry. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to course commencement. This allows everyone to be safely seated.
Food & Refreshment
Water is readily available.
A 30 minute lunch break is scheduled for courses running over 4 hours. You are welcome to bring your own lunch. There are also plenty of food options in the area.