HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Accredited First Aid Course
Certification in HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID003 Provide first aid is the minimum requirement for workplace first aid compliance.
In this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response and life support, manage casualty(s), the incident, and other First Aiders until emergency qualified help arrives at the scene of the incident.
HLTAID003 Provide first aid is trained in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
Is superseded by HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Course Content HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the situation and seek assistance from emergency response services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Anaphylaxis, Smoke inhalation – provide First Aid response
- Stroke, Seizures – provide First Aid response
- Cardiac Emergencies – provide First Aid response
- Bleeding and Wound Care
- Infection Control
- Burns and Scalds – provide First Aid response
- Extremes of Heat and Cold – provide First Aid response
- Musculoskeletal Injuries – provide First Aid response
- Altered Conscious States – provide First Aid response
- Poisons Bites and Stings – provide First Aid response
- Shock – provide First Aid response
- Multi Injury management – provide First Aid response
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for First Aid response
- Provide first aid in accordance with established First Aid principles
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Monitor the casualty’s condition and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers involved in critical incidents
- Participate in debriefing to address individual needs
First Aid Certificate Issued
You will receive a PDF Statement of Attainment in HLTAID003 Provide first aid emailed to you the same day after successful completion of your training and assessment.
Current industry standards state this course must be updated every 3 years with the CPR component being updated every 12 months. This is simply a matter of doing a refresher course with a Registered Training Organisation.
Australia Wide First Aid is RTO No. 31961.
Who Can Attend?
This course is for those with existing First Aid experience or for Students who are new to First Aid and comfortable learning in a blended delivery setting.
Factors to Consider
Students attending course will be required to demonstrate their physical ability to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult mannikin placed on the floor, to meet the performance criteria for assessment.
If you are unsure whether your limitation will affect your ability to complete the course, please contact us to discuss prior to booking.
Our First Aid courses are endorsed by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP), under its QI & CPD programs. Along with official recognition for our quality training, this presents General Practitioners with an ideal option for their ongoing professional development.
Australia Wide First Aid can come to you to deliver the First Aid course of your choice, training your people onsite at your workplace or business.
We have streamlined our course delivery so that it's relaxed and educational while ensuring minimum downtime for you and your group.
For further information on how we can assist with your Group Booking, please call our friendly team.
People also ask
Provide First Aid is training in CPR, bandaging, managing fractures, sprains, severe bleeds, poisoning, diabetes, anaphylaxis, asthma, seizures, strokes, and more.
This is an unique unit code allocated to this accredited First Aid course.
Australia Wide First Aid has the cheapest prices for first aid course. If you find a cheaper price for the same course anywhere else in Australia, we will beat it by 10%!
The course has previously been known as level 2 first aid or senior first aid. The course provides you with basic knowledge on how to recognise, respond and manage emergency situation.
First aid course assessment requires practical demonstration of CPR. This demonstration requires access to a manikin. Because of this requirement, it would be unlikely that an online first aid course is an accredited course.
Non-accredited courses are not recognised as official training and assessment and therefore cannot be used as certification for employment or study purposes.
Basic first aid provides you with the knowledge to know how to recognise, respond and manage emergency situation. It is also the course that meets workplace requirements for first aiders.
All accredited first aid certification in Australia does not have an expiration date. Students completing the course for work-related purposes are required, on recommendation by Safe Work Australia, to refresh/renew their certificates to maintain currency in their first aid skills. CPR certificates are to be renewed every 12 months, while first aid certificates are to be renewed every 3 years from the date of issue.
If you are completing the course for work-related purposes, check with your employer, as they will likely reimburse or pay for the course on your behalf.