PROVIDE FIRST AID
Previously known as Apply First Aid and also known as Senior First Aid or Level 2
Workplace First Aid
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
8 hours pre-course online reading and successful completion of multiple choice online assessment
8.5 hours face to face classroom based, inclusive of a 30min break
Australia Wide First Aid’s Provide First Aid course is the minimum requirement for workplace first aid compliance. This course provides you with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other First Aiders until emergency qualified help arrives at the scene of the accident.
FIRST AID CERTIFICATION
Australia Wide First Aid is a Registered Training Organisation so you can be assured your training is nationally recognised. Your statement of attainment will certify that you have been trained in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support and HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
Your Provide First Aid certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for you to keep your certification current. By signing up to our renewals program, the staff at Australia Wide First Aid will send you a reminder detailing the date your course is due to be updated.
AUSTRALIAN COLLEGE OF NURSING
This workshop is endorsed by ACN according to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 7 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.
COME TO US
WE COME TO YOU
Australia Wide First Aid Provide First Aid course is training in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
A list of topics and skills covered in Australia Wide First Aid’s comprehensive course is as below:
- The basic ethics and theory involved in first aid practice.
- The measures need to be taken to effectively deal with issues concerning major or minor injury and illness.
- The most important management steps needs to be undertaken when dealing with potentially critical health conditions.
- Basic Health and safety knowledge is required when dealing with the condition of first aid situations.
- The principles, procedures and standard precautions need to be undertaken to control infection and its spread.
- You will master the knowledge of ‘Chain of Survival’.
- You will learn the skills a First Aider possesses and what limitations you should be aware of.
- How and when an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) should be used.
You will learn the first aid management of:
- Injuries: Cold and crush injuries, eye and ear injuries, head, neck and spinal injuries; minor skin injuries; needle stick injuries; soft tissue injuries including sprains, strains and dislocations.
- Burns: From thermal, chemical, friction, or electrical contact
- Environmental Impact: Hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration or heat stroke Envenomation: From a snake, spider, insect and marine bites/stings
- Medical conditions: Such as cardiac conditions, epilepsy, diabetes, asthma, and other respiratory conditions
- Substance Misuse: High intake of common drugs and alcohol, including illicit drugs
- Awareness of stress management techniques and available support
- Other Conditions: Allergic reactions, bleeding, chest pain, choking/airway obstruction, fractures, near drowning, respiratory diseases, seizures, shock, stroke, altered or loss of consciousness, causality with no signs of life, excessive intake of poisoning and toxic substances (including chemical contamination).
- Student must complete pre-reading and online assessment by 11.59pm AEST the night before the course to be permitted entry to the face to face training.
- Students must have the physical ability to provide resuscitation by kneeling on the floor and performing two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR.
- Students must be minimum of fourteen (14) years of age.
- Students under the age of 18 will be required to provide signed parental consent form prior to attending the course.