CHILD CARE FIRST AID
Students will be educated with the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to an infant, child and adult. This includes the use of all three manikin types during the cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) session of the course to provide emergency first aid education care.
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting
8 hrs of pre-course online reading, plus the successful completion of an online assessment and 9 hrs face to face training (inclusive of a 45 min break).
Group On-Site Booking only
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support and HLTAID003 Provide first aid and HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid and HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting certificate to be renewed every three years
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation to be renewed every 12 months.
- Students must complete pre-reading and successfully complete E-Learning assessments by 11.59pm AEST the night before their booked course to be permitted entry to the face to face training.
- Students are required to successfully complete a knowledge verification and language, literacy & numeracy questionnaire, prior to commencing face to face training.
- Students must have the physical ability to kneel and perform CPR on the floor uninterrupted for at least two by two minutes.
- Students must be minimum of fourteen years of age.