Emergency First Aid
Course Duration: 9 hours face to face training inclusive of 45 min break and up to 8 hours pre-course reading and online assessment.
Critical Student Information & Detailed Course Overview Sheet: LINK
HLTIAID004 – Provide an emergency response in education and care setting meets the requirement of the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and also satisfies all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management, and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Service National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
- Student must complete pre-reading and online assessment by 11.59pm AEST the night before the course to be permitted entry to the face to face training.
- Students must have the physical ability to provide resuscitation by kneeling on the floor and performing 2 sets of two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR
- Students must be minimum of fourteen (14) years of age
FIRST AID CERTIFICATION
During this course, you will be educated with the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to an infant, child and adult. This includes the use of all three (3) Manikin types during the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) session of the course to provide Emergency first aid education care.
Australia Wide First Aid is a Registered Training Organisation so you can be assured your training is nationally recognised. Your statement of attainment will certify that you have been trained in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support, HLTAID003 Provide first aid and HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting.
Your HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for you to keep your certification current. By signing up to our renewals program, the staff at Australia Wide First Aid will send you a reminder detailing the date your course is due to be updated.
WANT TO WORK WITH US?
We only employ the best First Aid Trainers
If that’s you get in touch with us TODAY!
Key Course Topics include:
- Regulations and definitions of asthma and anaphylaxis
- CPR techniques on infants, children and adults
- DRSABCD, including the trained use of a defibrillator
- Incident reporting in a child care setting
- Child Physiology
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- First Aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- Infection control procedures
- Legal responsibilities of a First Aider
- Managing shock
- And much, much more
If you feel the need to acquire extra learning support in any of our first aid courses, our trainers will be more than happy to assist you. Please ensure to mention you require extra learning support when booking your first aid course and we can arrange your first aid course to be as comfortable for you.