Find a cheaper price we'll beat it by 10%
Child Care First Aid
HLTAID004 / HLTAID012
Child Care First Aid — HLTAID004 or HLTAID012 – Provide an Emergency Response in an Education and Care Setting — is of particular interest among those who work with children. This is an important course that also appeals to many parents. And for good reason.
Covering the same units as Provide CPR and Provide First Aid, this course has an additional focus on First Aid applied to infants and children. It is also a requirement if you intend to work in the childcare sector.
You will learn the skills and knowledge needed to provide a First Aid response to an infant, child and adult. This includes the use of all 3 mannikin types during the cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) session of the course to provide emergency First Aid education care.
Along with learning CPR techniques that apply to infants, children, and adults, you’ll learn how to assess emergency situations and provide First Aid for a wide variety of injuries and medical conditions.
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency Response in an Education and Care Setting
Online reading and assessment, which can be done over the course of several sessions or in one focused session. This is followed by 5 hours (not including rest break) of face-to-face training and assessment.
Price varies depending on training location but all can be seen using the dropdown course selector at the top of this page.
Upon successful completion of your enrolment, training and assessment, you’ll receive a Statement of Attainment for
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency Response in an Education and Care Setting
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency Response in an Education and Care Setting certificate should be renewed every 3 years.
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation should be renewed every 12 months.
This is simply a matter of doing a refresher course with an Australian RTO. Australia Wide First Aid is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 31961).
- Simply download your PDF First Aid eBook and read the relevant passages, as instructed in your Welcome email.
- Refer to your First Aid eBook to answer questions in your e-Learning assignment. Submit your finished assignment by 11.59pm AEST before the day of your scheduled face-to-face training.
- You’ll need to be physically capable of kneeling on the floor to perform CPR uninterrupted for at least 2 minutes.
- The minimum age for First Aid courses is 14 years. Under-18-year-olds need to present signed consent from their parent/guardian, in order to enrol.