HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Accredited First Aid Course
Certification in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is the minimum requirement for workplace first aid compliance.
In this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge to be able to provide first aid response and life support, manage casualty(ies), the incident, and other first aiders, until qualified emergency help arrives at the scene of the incident.
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is trained in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
|Provide First Aid
|Mode of Delivery:
|e-Learning plus face-to-face classroom training and assessment
|This is a blended course with self-paced online learning (e-Learning) and face-to-face training. Before attending the face-to-face training, students will need to complete their e-Learning which can be done in one sitting or over several sessions. Depending on the student's learning ability, they should allow up to 6 hours for reading and e-Learning. Face-to-face training and assessment takes 4 hours in a classroom environment.
|Written, practical and scenario-based assessment
|Minimum age is 14 Years
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders, and casualty
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Manage the casualty in a respectful manner
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturers' instructions
- Monitor the condition of the casualty and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incidents in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
First Aid Certificate Issued
A PDF Statement of Attainment in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid will be emailed to you the same day as your successful completion of the training and assessment.
Current industry standards recommend renewing this certification every 3 years with the CPR component being updated every 12 months. This is simply a matter of doing a refresher course with a Registered Training Organisation.
Australia Wide First Aid is RTO No. 31961.
Who Can Attend?
This course is for students with existing first aid experience or for those who are new to first aid and comfortable learning in a blended delivery setting.
Factors to Consider
The assessment criteria requires students to demonstrate the ability to correctly perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor.
If you have a limitation that would affect your ability to complete the course, please call to discuss prior to booking.
Our First Aid courses are endorsed by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP), under its QI & CPD programs. Along with official recognition for our quality training, this presents General Practitioners with an ideal option for their ongoing professional development.
Australia Wide First Aid can come to you to deliver the First Aid course of your choice, training your people onsite at your workplace or business.
We have streamlined our course delivery. It's relaxed and educational while ensuring minimum downtime for you and your group.
For further information and assistance with your Group Booking, please call our friendly team.
People also ask
Provide First Aid is training in CPR, bandaging, managing fractures, sprains, bleeds, poisoning, diabetes, anaphylaxis, asthma, seizures, strokes, and more.
This is an unique unit code allocated to this accredited Provide First Aid course.
Australia Wide First Aid has the cheapest prices for First Aid courses. If you find a cheaper price for the same course anywhere else in Australia, we will beat it by 10%!
The course has previously been known as Level 2 First Aid or Senior First Aid. The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid course includes the skills and knowledge to recognise, respond to, and manage an emergency medical situation.
First aid course assessment involves practical demonstration of CPR. This demonstration requires access to a manikin. Because of this requirement, it would be unlikely that an online first aid course is an accredited course.
Non-accredited courses are not recognised as official training and assessment and therefore cannot be used as certification for employment or study purposes.
Basic first aid provides you with the knowledge to know how to recognise, respond and manage emergency situation. It is also the course that meets workplace requirements for first aiders.
First aid certificates in Australia do not have expiry dates. For work-related purposes, Safe Work Australia recommends refreshing/renewing first aid certificates to maintain currency in first aid skills — CPR certificates are to be renewed every 12 months, while first aid certificates are to be renewed every 3 years from the date of issue.
If you are completing the course for work-related purposes, check with your employer, as they will likely reimburse or pay for the course on your behalf.