HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Course Duration: Up to 3 hours pre-reading and online assessment. 3 hours face to face training.
This course provides students with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies.
Upon successful completion of training and assessment requirements you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment
This competency-based training describes the skills and knowledge required to:
- Provide CPR life support
- Management of a casualty
- Managing an incident and other First Aiders until further assistance arrives.
Provide CPR certification is valid for 12 months (1 year). This is in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
COME TO US
WE COME TO YOU
Australia Wide First Aid believes in providing all attendees with hands on training experience. This course is competency based training and we aim to provide you with a sound knowledge of CPR. Students are progressively assessed through the course including online multiple choice, short answer & practical scenarios.
Professional Development and Accreditation
Many professions require you to have current CPR certification as a condition of professional registration or employment. In addition to this, some professional bodies award credits for continuing education or professional development. Please call our friendly staff on 1300 336 613 if you have a query about your profession.
- Students must have the physical ability to provide resuscitation by kneeling on the floor and performing two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR
- Students must be minimum of fourteen (14) years of age
- Students under the age of 18 will be required to provide signed parental consent form prior to attending the course
- Students are required to complete online reading and successfully answer online assessment prior to attending face to face training
All students in this course must complete 3 hours of face to face training (including assessment). There are no pre-reading/study requirements.
If you feel the need for extra learning support, please ensure when booking your course, you detail what kind of additional learning support you require.
Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) | 3 CPD points
The ESSA Continuing Education Committee certifies that this continuing education offering meets the criteria for 3 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points