Find a cheaper price we'll beat it by 10%
Provide CPR HLTAID001 – First Aid Course
Also known as HLTAID009 - Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Provide CPR HLTAID001 is a standalone First Aid course, as well as a core unit of competency in the popular Provide First Aid HLTAID003 course.
Provide CPR HLTAID001 covers the theory and practice needed to provide First Aid in response to a breathing or cardiac emergency.
CPR technique combines chest compressions and artificial ventilation to return the flow of oxygenated blood to major organs when a person’s breathing or heartbeat has stopped.
When you’re trained to use this lifesaving procedure, you’ll be capable of potentially preventing a casualty from dying or suffering permanent brain damage due to oxygen deprivation.
Reading and e-Learning assessment (around 1.5 to 2.5 hours) followed by 2 hours of face-to-face training and assessment.
Price varies depending on training location but all can be seen using the dropdown course selector at the top of this page..
Upon successful completion of your enrolment, training and assessment, you’ll receive a Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation — emailed to you the same day.
Royal Australian College of General PractitionersOur Provide CRP course is endorsed under the RACGP QI & CPD programs, which officially recognise our quality training and gives GPs (General Practitioners) an ideal option for their ongoing professional development.
The Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course includes the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to:
- Provide CPR
- Manage a life-threatening medical emergency
- Understand DRSABCD
- Use an AED (automatic external defibrillator)
- Know your legal responsibilities as a First Aider
Our streamlined Provide CPR course blends 2 hours of face-to-face training with e-Learning that can be done online and at your convenience.
All training provided in our Provide CPR course is in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
- Simply download your PDF First Aid eBook and read the relevant passages, as instructed in your welcome email.
- Refer to your First Aid eBook to answer questions in your e-Learning assignment. Submit your finished assignment by 11.59pm AEST before the day of your scheduled face-to-face training.
- You’ll need to be physically capable of kneeling on the floor to perform CPR uninterrupted for at least 2 minutes.
- The minimum age for First Aid courses is 14 years. Under-18-year-olds need to present signed consent from their parent/guardian, in order to enrol.
Safe Work Australia recommends that CPR certification be renewed every 12 months. This is simply a matter of doing a refresher course with a Registered Training Organisation. Australia Wide First Aid is an RTO (RTO No. 31961).