This course covers the knowledge and skills to recognise the clinical signs of asthma and how to identify and respond to an asthma emergency. The anaphylaxis section of the course will provide the skills and knowledge to recognise, treat and manage a severe life threatening allergic reaction (anaphylaxis).
4 hrs face to face training and up to 4 hrs pre-course reading and online assessment.
Group On-Site Booking only
Upon successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainments for 22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace and 22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis.
*Australia Wide First Aid have been certified by the National Asthma Council of Australia as an authorised provider of Emergency Management of Asthma in the Workplace.
The combined courses are trained in line with:
- The Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines
- The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
- The Education and Care Service National Law and the Education and Care Services
- National Regulation 2011 for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training
- All school and childcare providers require all staff be trained in Asthma Management and Anaphylaxis Awareness
- Family Day Care providers must ensure all staff members are certified in both Asthma and Anaphylaxis.
All training provided is in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
- Students must complete pre-reading and online assessments by 11.59pm AEST the night before the course to be permitted entry to the face to face training.
- Students must be minimum of fourteen years of age.