The combined courses are trained in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and meets the requirement of the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA). In addition, the course satisfies the requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Service National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulation 2011
- All schools and childcare providers are required to have staff trained in Asthma Management and Anaphylaxis Awareness, ensuring a trained First Aider is immediately available at all times.
- Family Day Care providers ensure that all staff members are certified in both Asthma and Anaphylaxis.
Does your employment require certification? Please refer to the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority website for details.
FIRST AID CERTIFICATION
Upon completion of an Asthma and Anaphylaxis course with Australia Wide First Aid, you will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment. The Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) recognises Australia Wide First Aid’s statement of attainment as fulfilling the requirements for Asthma and Anaphylaxis management within the workplace. For more information on the ACECQA requirements, please visit their website.
WANT TO WORK WITH US?
We only employ the best First Aid Trainers
If that’s you get in touch with us TODAY!
22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
This course covers the knowledge and skills to recognise the clinical signs of asthma and how you can identify and respond to an asthma emergency. Australia Wide First Aid have been certified by the National Asthma Council of Australia as an authorised provider of Emergency Management of Asthma in the Workplace.
In an Australia Wide First Aid Asthma Management course, you will learn:
- The symptoms and triggers of an Asthma Attack
- The different classes of Asthma Medication
- The devices used to administer Asthma Medication
- How to deliver First Aid Asthma
22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
The anaphylaxis section of the course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to recognise, treat and manage a severe life threatening allergic reaction (anaphylaxis).
Specifically, the course will cover:
- Regulations and definitions of allergies and anaphylaxis
- Common Allergy Triggers
- Signs and Symptoms
- Risk minimisation
- The importance and administration of Adrenaline Autoinjectors
- Anaphylaxis first aid
Within the class, you will have the opportunity to practice using the equipment used to deliver treatment for Asthma symptoms and Anaphylaxis. These include Asthma Puffers, spacers, and Adrenaline auto-injectors.
- Student must complete pre-reading and online assessment by 11.59pm AEST the night before the course to be permitted entry to the face to face training.
- Students must be minimum of fourteen (14) years of age
- Students under the age of 18 will be required to provide signed parental consent form prior to attending the course
USEFUL ASTHMA & ANAPHYLAXIS RESOURCES
We have put together some useful resources for Child Care Centres and Schools. Feel free to use these materials in educating staff and students about the importance of being prepared for any Asthma & Anaphylaxis emergency.
Asthma & Anaphylaxis Printable Poster: